About SCP: Secret Laboratory Betas
Before the full release of our updates, we utilize Patreon and, sometimes, Public betas to ensure we are releasing the best build we can. To participate in a Patreon beta for the game you will need to use Discord and be in our Official Discord Server. Public betas will utilize both Discord and Steam for access.
Accessing a Patreon Beta
Accessing this type of beta requires a current pledge to our Patreon, the default amount required is $25, however, this can be lowered as the beta progresses.
Next, you will need to link your Patreon account to your Discord account. This will automatically grant you the required Discord Role to access the beta download. Now you can see the channel “SCP:SL Patreon B” and can download it directly from the Discord store.
- Have a Discord account.
- Join the Official SCP:SL Discord.
- Have a Patreon account.
- Link your Discord and Patreon accounts.
- Pledge the correct amount to the Northwood Studios Patreon Page. You can see information about the current beta below to find the correct price.
- Find the “SCP:SL Patreon B” channel and click “Add to library”.
- Download the beta from your Discord library and click play.
Accessing a Public Beta (Discord)
To access this beta you need to have a Discord account and be in the Official server. You will be able to view a channel called “SCP:SL Public B” where you can download the beta directly from Discord.
- Have a Discord account.
- Join the Official SCP:SL Discord.
- Find the “SCP:SL Public B” channel and click “Add to library”.
- Download the beta from your Discord library and click play.
Accessing a Public Beta (Steam)
To access this beta you need to have a Steam account and have SCP:SL in your library.
- Have a Steam account.
- Add/download SCP:SL to your library.
- Right-click SCP:SL in your library and click “Properties”.
- Select “Betas”, then from the dropdown box opt-in to “publicbeta”
- Close the menu and wait for the game to update, then click play.
Current Beta - Parabellum
The current beta is for the 11.0 update “Parabellum”. This update includes a complete overhaul of the weapons, their mechanics, and the inventory system. All items have also received new animations and first-person models.
To learn more about the update see the changelog and access price below, if you want to join the tests.
Current Access Tier: Free (Public Beta)
Please note that these changelogs are not always checked by our content team and may contain errors.
Initial Changes - 11/07/2021
- Added a button that goes to the https://scpslgame.com website in the NewMainMenu social media links.
- Added Community Translators to the credits via the translation manifest files.
- Added an indicator to display to the player when they’re muted to prevent confusion. It displays when talking over top of the voice indicator.
- Added Ambient Occlusion Graphics dropdown with options: Off, SSAO(original), and VAO(default).
- RA Config
external_player_lookup_modeconfig for External Panel / Player lookup.
external_player_lookup_urlconfig for External Panel / Player lookup.
external_player_lookup_tokenconfig for External Panel / Player lookup.
enable_predefined_ban_templatesconfig for enabling the ban templating system.
PredefinedBanTemplateslist in the config for setting up templates. (Examples in default RA config)
- Server Gameplay Config
- Old config keys for category and ammo limits are no longer valid. They have been replaced by new ones:
- New category configs:
- limit_category_grenade (default=2)
- limit_category_keycard (default=3)
- limit_category_medical (default=3)
- limit_category_scpitem (default=3)
- limit_category_firearm (default=1)
- New ammo configs: (they are no longer class-dependent, as it’s defined by the body armor)
- limit_ammo9x19 (default=30)
- limit_ammo556x45 (default=40)
- limit_ammo762x39 (default=40)
- limit_ammo44cal (default=18)
- limit_ammo12gauge (default=14)
- New category configs:
- Old config keys for category and ammo limits are no longer valid. They have been replaced by new ones:
- Added playerbroadcast (Alias: pbc) command. It allows you to send a broadcast to a specific player.
- Added spawntarget command, spawning a target that you can shoot to.
- Added forceattachments (alias: forceatt), which allows you to change the attachments of currently held firearms without the use of a workstation.
- No-Clip has a new keybind “O” to toggle fog on and off.
- Added IP passthrough feature.
- Humanoid Players now have a ragdoll death animation.
- Dying to SCP 173 now has a neck snap animation.
- SCP 079 has a new death animation.
- Class D Cells have better lighting.
- LCZ Plants room decontamination gas now comes from the vents instead of the ceiling.
- SCP Foundation is no longer in space (added skybox).
- Changed the book cabinet texture in EZ to a correct texture.
- Added baked reflection probes to every room to correctly display reflections on viewmodels and shiny textures.
- Added a new decontamination particle system.
- Glass materials have been updated.
- Changed credits easter egg to say “You for playing our game!” rather than “SCP:SL Player” since it was confusing.
- Changed Anti-aliasing to a dropdown with options: Off, FXAA(Default), and MSAA.
- Hide HUD key fixed, and now only hides HUD elements. Displays a warning when you open the menu.
- Removed the death banner displayed when killed by an SCP.
- Hit registration now happens on the client, and is verified by the server. This change is made with the goal of more consistent hitreg for the person playing as 096.
- The attack hitbox is now consistently centered, instead of being slightly off-center depending on which arm 096 was swinging with.
- Spectators will now be able to see player’s post processing.
- Spectators will now be able to see player’s effects.
- Tesla Gates
- Reworked Audio and Visuals.
- Decals can be toggled on and off in the Graphic Settings.
- Blood decals no longer have a spawn limit.
- Blood decals will now “decay” over 15 minutes.
- Remote Admin
- Text-Based RA
- Complete visual rework, console has been made larger while the text has shrunk to increase readability.
- Updated the [ENCRYPTED AND VERIFIED] not show unless the response was unencrypted and had a security risk.
- Updated the command success and failure to have a visual indicator with FontAwesome icons represented by a check & exclamation triangle.
- Added hover text to the success and failure icons to detail what they mean.
- Removed [USER-INPUT] and replaced it with a console caret.
- Fixed TMPro’s shitty scrolling issues from the old TBRA.
- Added a new scrollbar that appears on the right hand of the console when the text becomes too large.
- Added a “Click2Copy” feature that lets commands use the TMPRo link <link=click2copy>Whateveryouwanthere for a click to copy feature.</link=click2copy>
- Added “TAB” nickname completion and nickname support to all valid commands where user-id’s would be used. (This includes a new parser for multi-nickname commands and nicknames with spaces.
- Added command suggestions that pop up once you start typing a command.
- Added command tab completion which will scroll through the suggested commands until you reach the end.
- Added command usage that shows up alongside the command suggestions. This has been standardized among all the commands. (Some commands do not have usage)
- Also fixes an issue where you could enter in TBRA without it being opened (unless it was fixed before) .
- Other minor fixes visually.
- Command suggestions now lists commands that start with the match first.
- Command suggestions now show a list of doors and roles when using commands that support said arguments.
- Command suggestions now utilize aliases.
- VGUI-Based RA Changes
- Finally added a player filter for the playlist – .
- Fixed an issue where the text under “Admin Tools” would merge together after Petris’ font-fix .
- Bumped version to 3.0.0.
- Changed “Second Revision” explanation to “Third Revision” with a short explanation.
- Changed the playerlist to use TMPRo text instead of regular text.
- Changed the playerlist prefixes ([~] [@] [RA]) to fontawesome icons gold shield for [~] blue wrench for [@] and plain user for [RA].
- Added hover text to the playerlist prefixes.
- Made the playerlist scroll with proper expansion and viewport(s).
- Made the overwatch colour into an additional prefix which is an aqua eye.
- Added pre-defined ban reasons to RA. You can specify these reasons in the remote admin config file.
- Added a new “Broadcasting” tab to RA which lets you send administrative broadcasts to players(s). (Suggested by lysol#3636 in #game-suggestions)
- Added new “External Lookup” and “External Panel” buttons to RA that allow external lookup to a specified URL.
- The Facility Guard color has been changed to be more differentiable from spectator. (Suggested by lysol#3636 in #game-suggestions)
- Text-Based RA
- Optimized authentication to central servers (it’s way faster now).
- Added audio source pooling system.
- Added a new culling system to improve CPU and GPU performance.
- Lockers and Items Spawning
- Refactored code responsible for spawning items and random interactable structures (like Generators, Lockers, etc).
- Guard keycard no longer spawns in Nuke room. It has been replaced by either one or two zone managers spawning in Nuke or SCP-049.
- Added so many possible wall-mounted medkit locations that I can’t remember the specifics anymore. There are now 25 spawnpoints that can spawn medkit cabinets. Up to 13 cabinets can now spawn (with minimum of 3). At least 1, but up to 5 of them can contain adrenaline besides the medkit (they are indicated by blue cross instead of green).
- Placed optional random spawnpoints for workstations (at: small room at 173 top floor, GR18 room, greenhouse, 096, 939, server room, T-intersection in HCZ, large EZ office)
- COM-15 now always spawns in LCZ. Locations are more random, but still the same rooms.
- Added a few random locations where scientist/janitor keycards can spawn (toilets, GR18, shelves inside 914 chamber, behind glass in greenhouse)
- Standard Lockers can no longer spawn ammo nor adrenaline, but they can now spawn radio.
- Small chambers in 3×3 Weapon Locker Type 21 require amory access lvl 1 (while large ones still require lvl 2). Large lockers spawn armor, grenades, radios and weapons. Small ones spawn ammo, grenades, and misc items (medkits, flashlights). Also made the small drawer at the bottom openable, which includes medical items and doesn’t require any keycard.
- Alpha warhead silo armory door no longer requires a keycard.
- Renamed Cadets/Lieutenants/Commanders into Privates/Sergeants/Captains. Escaped Scientists turn into Nine-Tailed Fox Specialists.
- Chaos Insurgency has now four subclasses
- Escaped D-Class turn into Chaos Insurgency Conscripts with AKs.
- Chaos Insurgency Marauders – spawning with Logicers
- Chaos Insurgency Repressors – spawning with Shotguns and Revolvers
- Chaos Insurgency Riflemen – spawning with AKs
- General changes.
- Completely rewritten the code responsible for inventory, items and pickups – based on interfaces and abstract classes (API change)
- Security changes – cheaters can no longer see what other players possesed (only the server and the local client know their inventory content).
- GUI received small minor visual and QoL changes, including: fade animations, drag&drop system used to organize items (or drop them on the floor).
- Added “throw item” feature (“T” key by default). It’s an alternative way of dropping items, which adds velocity to the dropped item in the director the player is looking at. It also causes some items to get random angular velocity, which makes playing “heads or tails” with the coin possible.
- Refactored SCP-914 so it uses the InteractableSystem. Recipes are now tied to the items themselves, not SCP-914 script (API change)
- Keycards (and CI device)
- Completely new animations.
- Containment Engineer keycard got nerfed, it can no longer access the Intercom and the Nuke.
- Completely new model and interface
- General battery usage has been decreased, so the radio can stay active for longer on higher range modes.
- Battery consumption is significantly increased when talking (to unrealistically high levels). This is an intentional feature that’s supposed to limit pointless conversations when using higher range modes.
- Changed the default range to MR (Medium Range).
- When using UR (Ultra Range) battery consumption is insane, but you can communicate with all active radios (in both ways) on an unlimited range. This is useful for requesting backup.
- Usable Items
- Painkillers, Adrenaline and Medkit have new models. Other usable items got reanimated.
- Adrenaline now regenerates whole stamina, but Invigorated lasts only for 8 seconds.
- Adrenaline now adds 40 AHP, with 1.2/s decay.
- SCP-500 is faster to use, and regenerates additional 100 health over the course of 10 seconds.
- API change: added tools that allow setting cooldowns on any usable item. Cooldown can be either local (one player is banned from using one ItemType) or global (all players are banned from using this particular instance of item)
- Reworked all mechanics, animations, models.
- Added dynamic crosshair, which shows inaccuracy of currently held weapon.
- Weapon Manager tablet has been completely removed from the game. Workstations have been reworked and they no longer require tablets (they can be activated by pressing E on the screen and automatically shut down after a while when nobody is nearby anymore).
- Body Armor
- Added to the game.
- All classes now have exactly 100HP. Armor reduces damage received from bullets and explosions, but increases stamina usage and compromises movement speed
- All classes have the same default limits for items and ammo. Body armor increases those limits.
- New animations
- Increased frequency of dealing damage by 60% (from 5 to 8 times per second), which should make the discharge seem more continuous.
- Removed any randomness, it now deals precisely 720 damage per second (or 90 per hit, 4140 in total).
- Fixed bug with players not getting damaged if they are inside the shooter.
- To avoid accidental team killing on high ping, friendly players must now be directly in front of the shooter to get damaged.
- Stamina usage is doubled when MicroHID is held.
- General changes.
- Fixed SCP-106 anticheat (reduced false-positives).
- Fixed SCP-096 vision.
- Post Processing
- Upgraded Post Processing to Unity’s Post Processing Stack v2
- All class visuals have been redone and may look different.
- SCP 079 Post Processing has new effects.
- All Player Effects with Post Processing have been redone and may look different.
- Player Effect “Decontamination” now shows rooms filling up with gas.
- Player Effect “SCP207” now shows speed-lines that increase in intensity depending on the number of drinks consumed.
- Player Effect “Flashed” is significantly less bright to be easier on the eyes.
- Nuke detonation has a new effect when the player is inside the facility.
- When you die, player effects will stay active until you change players or respawn.
- SCP939 Visuals
- Player Effect “Amnesia” (Applied by SCP-939 bite) now greatly decreases the player’s view distance and radius, making it harder to navigate the facility.
- Player Effect “Visuals939” has been completely reworked. All geometry has white outlines. Important Text, important lit-objects, and transparent materials show up as grayscale.
- Players who have the Visuals939 effect will experience non-scp player appearing/disappearing when they make noise, even if they are not SCP939.
- Graphics Settings
- Added Ambient Occlusion Graphics dropdown with options: Off, VAO(fast), and SSAO(Default).
- Added Bloom Graphics Toggle with default value on.
- Removed Color Correction Graphics Option.
- Changed Anti-aliasing to a dropdown with options: Off, FXAA(Default), and MSAA.
- Changed Motion Blur to be a Slider from 0 – 10 with default 0.
- Changed Brightness Slider to show a value and go from -10 to 6 (Default 0).
- Fixed multiple font rendering issues that made the game borderline unplayable with non-latin based languages (this also decreases memory usage).
- Fixed F1 menu text spacing from ability icons.
- Fixed an issue with [previewyoutube] steam markdown tags in the newmainmenu.
- Workstation background will be affected by Fog.
- Fixed players sometimes not getting decontaminated properly.
- Fixed 106 being able to enter LCZ after decontamination.
- Fixed Alive D-Class/Scientist not counting as escaped for win conditions when round ends.
- Fixed not being able to talk to each other when the round ends.
- The fence on the surface now contacts the terrain.
- Fixed the typo in CASSIE’s vocabulary subsystem -> subsystem
- LCZ Room LOD’s have been removed and will no longer pop in when the player gets close.
- Fixed an issue where the “-” character was skipped when directly connecting to a DNS address. This also added better hostname validation for direct connecting.
- Fixed issue with ban command where it was fuzzy searching players: .
- Fixed the issue with Laterjoin only spawning you as a Class D.
- Fixed ban duration overflow.
- Fixed new main menu not limiting FPS by default.
- Plugin Support
- FlickerableLightController now has a Property “LightIntensityMultiplier” to control a room’s light intensity server side.
- FlickerableLightController now has a Property “WarheadLightColor” to control a room’s warhead light color server side.
- FlickerableLightController now has a Property “WarheadLightOverride” to control a room’s warhead light override server side.
- RelativeTimeToSeconds and BanUser now use long instead of int for duration.
- Added a new utility helper for RA stuff. It contains the processing function for tab-completed names (including the regex functions).
- CommandProcessor Changes
- Literally every command contained here has been moved to Petris’ CommandSystem.
- The one exception is REQUEST_DATA as that requires functions from CommandProcessor (and it should probably be reworked in the future).
- CommandSystem Changes
- Add IUsageInterface to support command usages. It’s a string array that gets added to the properties of the commands that interface it.
- The IUsageInterface has 3 “special” values: (%player%, %role%, and %door%) that will tab-complete respectively in the RA GUI.
- Add fuzzy search for looking up partial commands from the commandField.
- Commands are synced when the client joins a server. This means any commands added to the RemoteAdminCommandHandler will be available for tab-completion in TBRA.
- CCM Changes
- Fixed the typo from “Fraction” to “Faction”.
Changes - 11/07/2021
- Firearms, ammo, MicroHID and Radios are now properly processed in SCP-914. Upgrading weapons will unload them and convert ammo to a new type of the same value.
- Dead bodies killed by SCP-096 will get some extra momentum.
- Nerfed Crossvec. Damage reduced from 21.7 to 20.9 (-0.8 HP). Penetration reduced from 60% to 55% (-5 ppt). People wearing combat armor can now survive two headshots from the standard barrel. It also means Crossvec has lower damage and penetration than FSP-9, but fire rate, magazine capacity and lower recoil still make Crossvec superior over FSP-9 when it comes to damage per second.
- Buffed E11 by increasing recoil pattern regeneration speed. Firing in short bursts is now more effective.
- Reduced damage of COM-18 from 20.9 to 20.1. This has virtually no impact on its overall effectiveness, we just don’t want pistols to deal more base damage than SMGs.
- Fixed regeneration of SCP-096 AHP.
- Fixed issue where you couldn’t talk as a spectator.
- Fixed mute spectator button not working in the waiting for players lobby.
- Fixed a certain out of bounds exploit.
- Fixed exceptions caused by kinematic rigidbodies.
- Fixed MicroHID laser being visible for a split second when equipping it for the first time.
- Fixed glitched spawnpoints in Class-D cells.
- Fixed a bug that caused dropped unloaded weapons to appear as they were loaded.
- Fixed flashlight and ammo counter being incorrectly displayed on the thirdperson models.
- Made the AK visible on the thirdperson models, visually it doesn’t differ from E11 at all, but it’s better than nothing.
- Fixed shotgun muzzle flashes playing while reloading.
Changes - 12/07/2021
- Added SCP-500 viewmodel
- Partially implemented flashlight. It doesn’t have the toggle feature yet.
- Scp 079 post processing adjusted to be less pale, less bright.
- Adjusted Visuals 939 brightness. Players are brighter than the rest of the geometry.
- Hiding your HUD will include Scp 079’s HUD. (Not the interactables).
- Viewmodels will now be affected by Volumetric Ambient Occlusion.
- Color grading adjusted.
- Brightness values adjusted.
- AK and E11 thirdperson models now use different textures.
- SCP-106 can no longer hide in Surface Zone gate
- Scp 079 death effect should no longer persist through games.
- Visual 939 player targets will no longer be affected by fog.
- Culling doors will ignore a door if you are near it as SCP 106.
- Some graphics settings (Like Disabling Shadows) will now properly save and set between launches.
- LCZ floor textures now have Bilinear Texture Filtering.
- Fixed spam of NullReferenceExceptions caused by RadioInitializator.cs
- Fixed a NullReferenceException on level unload.
- Fixed a NullReferenceException in InteractionCoordinator.cs
- Decontamination should no longer persist through games.
- Culling should no longer have issues. (for example, in Bathrooms).
- Fixed clients crashing when too many items are in elevators.
- Adjusted pickups, so dropped items are no longer perfectly parallel to the floor, landing in unnatural positions.
- Temporary material for AK doesn’t emit light anymore.
- Dropped E11 now properly displays the mounted magazine option, instead of always being the drum.
- Fixed animations getting out of sync on low FPS for the Revolver.
Changes - 14/07/2021
- Editing attachments is now possible in spectator mode.
- now has a jacket
- now has 800 hp
- now has 2500 HP
- now has 500 HP
- can also pick up revolvers and kill people (jk, but it’d be cool)
- now has 2600 HP
- deals 50 damage per bite
- now has 4000 HP
- lockdown has a 5 second cooldown
- Armor nerfed
- Guard helmet efficacy 45 -> 30
- Combat vest efficacy 65 -> 60
- Damage 21.1 -> 22.3
- Penetration 60% – >30%
- Penetration 50% -> 25%
- Fire rate 12 -> 11.5
- Heavy barrel damage 110% -> 105%
- Heavy barrel now increases bullet accuracy (reduces bullet angle variation to 70% of its original status)
- Penetration 75% -> 70%
- Damage 24.6 -> 25.1
- SCP-106 re-containment fixed.
- Tesla gate should now properly kill people playing on higher ping.
- Partially fixed the “Class < 0, suiciding…” error. It can still occur, just re-join when it happens. Send us logs.
- Keycard name in the inventory description is now centered.
- Ammo names are now displayed correctly. (ex. “.44 mag” instead of “Ammo44cal”)
- Fixed MicroHID ignoring friendly fire config.
- Client scripts should no longer trigger “missing behaviour” warnings in the server logs.
- Fixed desync between hand and viewmodel animations.
Changes - 15/07/2021
- Added Logicer sounds.
- We have a new movement anticheat! In theory it should generate way less false-postivies and the movement synchronization should be more smooth, but please remember it’s still a highly experimental feature.
- Noclip’s default key is now set to left alt, so it no longer interferes with the inspect key. Please note it won’t be changed for you if you changed any keybindings during the beta.
- MTF NTF Captain now spawns with both medkit and adrenaline.
- FSP-9 recoil pattern has been simplified. It now goes perfectly vertical for the first 4 shots.
- All SCP now have death cams.
- Spectator can now see the spectated player’s death cam.
- SCP-106 has a new death animation.
- Fixed MicroHID sound being always emitted from the first player who picked it up.
- Updated FSP-9s anims, fixing a few visual issues and added more details (like the bolt is now properly locking in the rear position on the last shot when the magazine is inserted).
- Fixed ammo counters appearing in mid-air for a split second when equipping the gun.
- Fixed server report form and added cancel button.
- Minor improvements to the spectator attachments editor, text is no longer clipping and made the window more compact.
Changes - 16/07/2021
- Added damage indicators when being shot.
- Added temporary bullet holes (the system is very limited and it’s not the final version, it literally took an hour to implement).
- Added gunshot compressor, so earrape is limited when multiple guns are firing.
- Optimized a few scripts
- Fixed a few bugs related to spectator attachment editor
Please note that this update is missing some features from yesterday, they will be included again in the next patch.
Changes - 17/07/2021
- General changes:
- Implemented gloves and sleeves based on class. Please note there are two known visual problems (with Logicer and MicroHID).
- Added a system that makes the taskbar icon flash when you respawn, but the game isn’t focused.
- Re-added features that previously existed but weren’t included in the yesterday’s build (such as the 106 death animation).
- Added some physics effects to SCP-049’s robe.
- Firearm changes:
- All firearms
- Absolute jumping inaccuracy penalty for weapons was tripled.
- Carbine body hip inaccuracy was lowered.
- Rifle body fire rate penalty changed from -15% to -10%
- Lightweight stock lowers hip inaccuracy. Combined with the carbine body yields hip inaccuracy of Crossvec.
- Base hip inaccuracy increased from 3 degrees to 3.5 degrees.
- Short barrel now lowers hip inaccuracy by 40%.
- Improved sounds for charging handle and closing the top cover.
- Changed penetration from 25% to 35%. Can now kill with 3 headshots, instead of 4. We realized that the nerf was a bit too much.
- Updated gunshot sound for silencer.
- Changed penetration from 25% to 35%.
- Added all sounds.
- All firearms
- SCP-939 vision will now be triggered by sounds produced by firearms (including reloading).
- SCP-079 can now hear gunshots correctly.
- Fixed bullet holes getting stretched on some surfaces.
- Fixed MicroHID hand glitching out during inspect animation.
- Fixed FSP-9 bolt release lever being glued to the gun.
- Fixed bullet being visible on empty FSP-9 with locked bolt.
- Fixed shotgun dryfire trigger finger during inspect animation.
Changes - 18/07/2021
- Added loot in HCZ armory. It now spawns a flashlight, radio, 60x 9x19mm ammo and 120x 5.56×45 ammo.
- Improved Surface Zone lighting.
- Adjusted volume of different firearms (it was mostly about making FSP-9 a bit quieter). Removed audio compressor, as people didn’t like it.
- Improved a few details in animations for Logicer (mostly the loaded bullet indicator, introduced a few variants of the shot animation).
- Fixed crosshair not showing running inaccuracy.
- Fixed SCP-207 damage.
- Maybe fixed MicroHID audio? Please work this time.
- Fixed sleeves clipping into the camera in MicroHID and Logicer animations.
Changes - 20/07/2021
- Re-added disarming/handcuffing.
- Firearms can be now used to hold E on enemies to detain them.
- Players stay disarmed even after the firearm is dropped.
- More than one person can be detained (no cap right now, we’ll probably set it to 3 later).
- Detained players know who they were detained by (displayed on screen).
- Added sounds for MTF-E11-SR. Please note few of them are still WIP (suppressor and charging handle).
- Added more 9x19mm ammo spawning in the HCZ armory.
- Added ragdoll physics to SCP-939
- Volumetric lighting on the Surface Zone can be now disabled in graphics settings.
- Most likely fixed the “ghost gun” bug, causing guns to deal no damage and take no ammo until they’re re-equipped.
- Fixed some details in the MicroHID animations (sleeve being visible in the corner, laser effect appearing prematurely).
- Fixed FSP-9’s bolt release lever being stuck in the locked position when the grip is extended.
- Improved 173 detection system.
- Fixed some RA-related bugs.
Changes - 21/07/2021
- Added MTF-E11-SR sights!
- Rebalanced SCP-096
- Hume Shield Cap: 1000
- Base HP: 2000
- Hume Shield Regeneration Rate: 40/s
- Hume Shield Regeneration Delay: 25s
- Additional rage time is only granted by acquiring targets in the calm and enraging states. New targets acquired after fully enraged do not give bonus time.
- 096 cannot regenerate, nor increase the max amount of Hume Shield by acquiring targets. The max value will remain at 1,000, and can only regenerate via passive regeneration.
- Base cooldown reduced to 5 seconds
- If a kill is landed using charge, a 3.5s cooldown reduction will be applied for the next use of Charge. Additionally, the base cooldown will increase by 1 second. When rage stops, the base cooldown resets to 5 seconds. 0 Charge kills = 5 second base CD 1 Charge kill = 6 second base CD 2 Charge kills = 7 second base CD …and so on, and so forth.
- If one use of Charge kills multiple people, only one stack of the cooldown penalty is applied.
- If 096 makes contact with a non-target, that human will only receive 40 damage.
- 096 will see the glowing outlines of targets much earlier (visible while Enraged → visible immediately after receiving a target).
- Additionally, when 096 receives his first target, play (for 096) the same drum sound that humans hear when becoming a target.
- 096’s Client-Side hit reg has been reworked, making it easier to kill targets.
- SCP 079’s minimap will show red pulsing squares to indicate that a teammate is inside a room. The server will update the player’s position every 1.3 seconds. The pulse will happen every time the server updates or the minimap is opened. This is a level 1 passive ability. It will show the positions of: 939, 173, 096, 106, and 049.
- Fixed a bunch of reported issues with disarming.
- Fixed MicroHID bug which caused the needle to not update until you start firing.
Changes - 22/07/2021
- Added Coin.
- AK Sights
- Fixed synchronization issues with attachments on thirdperson models.
- Framerate Issue
Changes - 23/07/2021
- Added thirdperson animation for flipping the coin, now others can see the result.
- Added sounds for flipping the coin.
- Made coin spawnable in lockers.
- One coin always spawns in SCP-106’s chamber. If you can’t decide which one of you sacrifices — this should help.
- Micro H.I.D.
- Added camera shaking when firing.
- Now deals 1150 damage per second, instead of 720. It can deal up to 6.5k damage if none of its juice is wasted
- Added sounds for COM-15
- Fixed missing sounds when unloading the drum magazine on MTF-E11-SR
- Fixed some sound details for Micro HID
Changes - 24/07/2021
Changes - 26/07/2021
- Implemented new armor dropmodels
- Added a new spawn location for the combat armor, in SCP-012.
- Added the deathcam effects for SCP-173
- Added ragdoll for the tutorial class.
- Fixed a bunch of bugs with SCP-173.
- Volumetric Lights are now properly translated in the options.
Changes - 28/07/2021
- Added sounds for SCP-500, painkillers, medkit
- Added a few invisible colliders in HCZ armory and server room to prevent jumps that are hard for some SCPs
- Armor now has 914 recepies (it goes linearly light–>combat–>heavy on fine and backwards on coarse)
- Added more human-readable and translateable names, stats, and descriptions for each attachment.
- Inaccuracy parameter is now formatted as accuracy which is more intuitive to analyze. For example, former “-50% inaccuracy” will be now presented as “+100% accuracy”.
- Changed weapon descriptions in the inventory GUI. It no longer shows weight and length. It now shows penetration, running inaccuracy and movement penalties. Accuracy now has a unit — it’s displayed in degrees which represent maximum bullet dispersion angle. The lower angle, the more accurate the gun is.
- Slightly rebalanced some attachments for Logicer and E11.
- Updated the screen shake effect, so it uses the new post-processing, giving us more control over its behavior.
- SCP-106 death effect is now also used when recontaining.
- Improved body armor inventory icons.
- Adjusted loudness of some gunshot effects.
- Fixed SCP-079 getting rewarded with EXP for kills it’s not responsible for.
- Fixed 106’s ability to pass through glass.
- Fixed server crashing when too many blood decals spawn in one place.
- Fixed COM-15 suppressor using the regular gunshot sound.
Changes - 02/08/2021
- Introduced the AK model. It’s still missing sounds and a few details, but mechanics, attachments and animations are fully implemented. It has a base damage of 26.2, cyclic rate of 510, and 85% penetration.
- Workstations and spectator editors now support presets.
- Updated the photo of SCP-173 used on the containment chamber label.
- Added a collider on top of the speaker at Gate B.
- These following colliders have been fixed, so they now properly collide with bullets, bodies and items:
- Collapsed Tunnel
- Balcony at Gate B
- Nuke chair and control panel.
- The two tanks in the HCZ armory.
- Balcony at 173’s containment chamber.
- SCP-106’s cage doesn’t move anymore, it was causing too many synchronization issues, including random fall damage deaths.
- Fixed Gate A dome window being too transparent.
- Fixed players getting soft-locked when a network exception occurs.
Changes - 04/08/2021
- Added SCP-207 sounds.
- Added Holographic Sight to the shotgun. Please note it may have corrupted your saved presets for the shotgun.
- Improved AK icon.
- Made COM-18 use COM-15’s sounds. It is very likely they’ll stay this way, as the audio team is presently busy with AK and 173 sounds and there may be not enough time to create dedicated COM-18 sounds.
- Implemented LOD levels to the AK model, so it shouldn’t lag that much when many people hold it (unless you’re very close to them).
- Added new trigger sound (which plays when you’re trying to fire an empty decocked gun).
- Spectator changes:
- Improved models of spectated players. All spectated models will properly cast shadows (including SCPs).
- On-screen blood effects and hit indicators are now synced.
- SCP-106 teleport animation is now synced.
- Recoil animation is now synced.
- Reworked spectator for SCP-079. It now syncs their UI (rooms, AP, exp, time, levelling up, XP additions, etc).
- Improved idle animations for most weapons and added missing ones, namely for Logicer, MTF-E11-SR and the shotgun.
- Added more space between the ammo text and attachment icons in the inventory description GUI.
- Improved AK’s transition between loading and chambering animations.
- Fixed missing parameters for AK foregrips and JHP drums.
- Fixed Crossvec’s inspect animation when foregrip is installed.
- Fixed Crossvec’s charging handle animation occasionally glitching when the user is consistently unloading and loading the gun.
- Fixed COM-15’s standard barrel name. It’s no longer labelled as “Standard Stock”.
- Fixed hand clipping into the rail in AK’s inspect animation.
- Fixed a bunch of minor issues related to workstations and presets. These are mostly visual glitches that nobody cared about. But I did.
- Loading bar no longer appears full for a split second after workstation was restarted.
- Attachment selector now properly resets after switching the gun in workstation and spectator window.
- Fixed the presets window being delayed by one frame when switching the gun.
- Weapons picked up from the ground will no longer claim they’re using a preset.
- Closing spectator attachment editor will unselect the firearm.
- Fixed weapon attachment descriptions overlapping the presets window in workstations.
- Added dedicated attachment name to the stockless AK. It now warns about being unable to aim down the sights.
- Resetting the attachments will now properly save the empty configuration.
Changes - 06/08/2021
- Adjusted outside brightness to reduce visibility issues.
- Outside brightness adjusted for the tunnel.
- SCP-096s room has a body in there.
- Elevator floor, LCZ Wall, and SCP106 wall material fixed.
- Fixed the cursed models of Class D, Zombies, and Scientists.
- SCP049-2 hands are visible again.
- SCP079 should hear from the right directions again.
- SCP079 minimap indicators should always work and not throw errors.
- SCP079 interactables are fixed and should all be visible.
- SCP079 experience notifications fixed for spectators.
- Outside camera is no longer floating in the air.
- Fixed 5 disconnect issues.
- Fixed a small culling system memory leak.
Changes - 10/08/2021
- Added Flashbang and High-Explosive Grenade (no thirdperson animations or models yet).
- Added SCP-018
- Added adrenaline sounds.
- Updated COM-15 gunshot sounds.
- Increased start ammo for NTF Privates by an extra magazine (+40 9mm). Also increased 9mm limit for Combat Armor by 40.
- SCP-173 balance changes:
- Max Shield: 1000 -> 1500
- Max Health: 2000 -> 3000
- Movement speed: 7.5 -> 10
- Shield regeneration rate 10/s -> 15/s
- Breakneck Speeds ability cooldown: 45s -> 40s
- Blinks cooldown is determined entirely by the amount of observers when the cooldown begins, 173 is no longer capable of losing or gaining a second during a cooldown, 173 blink will always countdown to completion.
- Added a post-processing effect for 173, used when Breakneck Speeds is active.
- Tantrum placed next to tesla gates are now destroyed whenever the tesla gets activated.
- Updated the hit radius from being a 2m kill sphere to a cylindrical kill area (Diameter is 2m and its 5m tall with it being centered on 173’s middle)
- Medkit texture is now more dirty, as some suggested it looked too clean. Also fixed hand clipping through the medkit during the animation.
- Updated painkillers texture. The paracetamol is dead, long live the oxycodone!
- Slightly improved viewmodel FOV and the reload animations of MTF-E11SR.
- Minor VRAM optimization.
- Increased the darkness speed of 106’s animation to avoid teleporting lag.
- Adjusted brightness of SCP-079 icons.
- Added aliases for mousesens command – “sens” and “sensitivity”.
- Added alias for smoothinput – “smooth”.
- Made roundrestart and pd commands working in the RA.
- Blocked usage of pd command when round is not started.
- Minor optimization in the commands system.
- Fixed hand clipping through the magazine during the tactical reload animation on FSP-9 when the grip is extended.
- Fixed a few bugs disconnecting players upon loading in.
- Fixed lighting in the collapsed tunnel in EZ.
- Fixed camera shake after spectating 079.
- Fixed Tesla gate particles not facing the player.
- Fixed a few visual glitches with the SCP-939 vision.
- Fixes the server tags (stag etc.) showing on dedicated servers.
- Fixed issue with entrance doors pushing you in walls.
Changes - 17/08/2021
- Added SCP-079 recontainment procedure:
- Generators no longer affect regeneration of aux power.
- SCP-079’s containment chamber can’t be accessed until all generators are activated.
- Number of generators decreased to 3. Once all activated, SCP-079 gates will lock in the opened position.
- SCP-079 chamber contains a kill swtich, which needs to be triggered for the recontainment sequence to finish.
- Once SCP-079 dies due to the overcharge, containment gates will be unlocked, meaning they can be opened/closed using any keycard with containment lvl 2.
- Containment chamber has tons of loot, so it makes sense to activate the generators even if 079 hasn’t spawned.
- The layouts of Entrance Zone have been completely revamped. This should make them more compact, despite having similar area. The new layouts use previously disabld three-way intersection.
- Added ADS (aiming down the sights) animations for weapons. This includes “ADS enter”, “ADS exit” and “ADS idle loop” animations.
- Updated characters to use the new models for grenades and SCP-018.
- HEGs now use a proper countdown sound. It’s similar to the old frag grenade sound, but it starts later and is a bit quiet unless you’re very close.
- Flashbangs now have a bouncing sound, though it’s relativle subtle.
- Slightly buffed HEGs. They deal more damage, especially to SCPs.
- SCP-939 can now break glass and has a hume shield.
- Fixed an exploit with 106’s cage.
Changes - 20/08/2021
- Added upgrade recipes for grenades.
- Added new dropmodel for 7.62×39, all other ammo types will receive similar dropmodels later, during the public beta.
- Added a few AK sounds when reloading. It’s still missing gunshots, equip and inspect sounds.
- Added sound/animation for when a tantrum pool is too close to a activated Tesla Gate.
- Added animation for when a tantrum pool despawns.
- Added new array of audio effects when staring at 173.
- New sounds when 173 gets shot by firearms.
- SCP-173’s hume shield getting broken now has a audio effect
- Slightly changed loot in SCP-079, there’s also a workstation.
- Increased time to activate generators – it’s now 2 minutes and 5 seconds.
- SCP-018 will now respect “friendly fire” during the first 10 seconds.
- Added more grenade spawns in rifle rack and 3×3 locker.
- Logicer: first shot delay changed from 0.08s to 0.05s
- We’ve decided to do something about Shotgun being too random and inconsistent:
- Base damage of each pellet increased from 7.1 to 12.3. Penetration stays at 70%
- Amount of pellets remains 12, however, introduced a hard cap on how many pellets can deal damage to one player. The current limit is 8, meaning the maximum damage shotgun can inflict in a single shot to a player is 98.4 (however the remaining 4 pellets can still damage other players, giving a total max damage of 147.6).
- While it may sound unrealistic and weird, to improve consistency, hitbox multipliers have been disabled for shotguns. This means pellets always deal the same damage, no matter if they hit the head, limbs, or body. Vest armor efficacy is applied for penetration calculations.
- Fixed issue with config option for upgrading held items in SCP-914.
- Fixed anticheat refusing to open checkpoints despite being in range.
- Lever in SCP-079 generators is now bigger.
- Fixed warhead opening SCP-079 doors prematurely.
- C.A.S.S.I.E. will now announce who recontained 079.
- Fixed soft server restart.
- Fixed issues with keybinding on some computers.
- SCP079 room hotkeys (top right) are black colored for better visibility.
- SCP079 post processing is brighter and has a blue tint.
- Audio shouldn’t lag when spinning camera left/right.
- Spectated Class-D player models should no longer disappear.
- Head of player models tilt when looking up and down again.
- Removed the redundant “Fast Intro Fade” button in the menus.
- Fixed 2 more disconnect on join issues.
- Fixed 173 being able to teleport out of the map above chaos spawn.
- SCP-173’s blink killings should be more consistent now.
- SCPs can no longer break glass in 079’s
Changes - 25/08/2021
- SCP-939 now has 1800 HP and 600 AHP (hume shield). It regenerates 20AHP/s after 7 seconds of the last received damage.
- Replaced all ammo dropmodel placeholders except for the 12/70 buckshot (still work-in-progress, like the AK sounds).
- Movement refresh rate is now synchronized with the framerate. This should provide a smoother experience.
- Reduced audio of certain 173 effects.
- Default jumpscare sound effect no longer plays on 173.
- Added 1.5 second anti-missclick timer to “Breakneck Speeds”, so it can’t be accidentally cancelled immediately after activation.
- Fixed CASSIE announcements when SCPs die to MTF.
- Fixed SCP-079 not getting EXP when closing hallway doors.
- Fixed body armor glitching into other items upon death.
- Fixed server crashing when SCP-096 dies during charge-gate animation.
- Fixed a bunch of useless warnings in the client debug log, making it easier to read.
- Fixed some exceptions that were thrown at round start/end concerning Teslas, 049-2, and CharacterClassManager.
- Fixed some issues causing culling to break.
- Fixed SCP-049-2 strafing animation. They will no longer aim down sights or T-Pose.
- Fixed floating bullet holes on the surface.
- Fixed a bunch of issues with SCP-939 that have been occuring on the private patreon beta.
If you do not see your issue listed, or no fixes work, please contact a “Patreon Representative” on the SCP:SL Official Discord.
< I have not received my Discord role. >
Please allow 24hrs to pass. If you have still not received your role, re-link your Discord and Patreon account.
< When launching the game I see “executable missing”. >
Right-click the SCP:SL beta in your Discord library and click “repair”. If the issue persists uninstall the beta and reinstall it. If that does not work, go to your install folder located at “AppData\Local\DiscordGames” then delete all folders relating to SCP:SL before reinstalling.
< When launching the game I see “unauthorized to use private beta” >
Go to the Discord channel called “game-badge” and do “!badge revoke” then “!badge patreon discord”.