We’d like to provide you with a relatively quick rundown of what our Patreon Early Rebalancing Session(s) (PEARS), actually is!
PEARS is an exclusive event which roughly takes place on a bi-monthly basis — where Patreons with the ‘Major Scientist’ tier and above will be provided with the opportunity to playtest features that have not yet been released on the public branch of the game.
The entirety of PEARS will be hosted on servers running on an experimental version of SCP:SL. The servers will remain open for a total of 72 hours. This is to ensure that every player from around the world has the opportunity to play, regardless of what their timezone may be.
The upcoming PEARS will begin on the 29th of September, at 20:00 BST — ending on the 2nd of October, at 20:00 BST.
Here is the changelog.
Whoever participates in PEARS will gain exclusive access to a number of channels, in which they’ll be able to share feedback, and discuss their concerns or ideas with our development teams.
For any further information regarding PEARS and the upcoming session(s), you can subscribe to our Patreon, and join our official Discord.
Please note that the Patreon subscription refreshes at the start of each month.
As always, we’d like to thank you everyone for their continued support.
~ Northwood Studios
We’re excited to announce the return of Northwood Studios's annual Art Contest, officially opening today at 21:00 BST.
We invite all talented artists and non-artists alike to participate in this upcoming event and showcase their artistic abilities!
To participate in the contest, we kindly ask that you first complete the following Google Form here.
This form will ask for some general information, to help us better streamline the submission process.
Please note the following dates for the contest:
Access to Submission Form Period:
Starting from today 21:00 BST until Friday 29th 21:00 BST.
Ensure that you complete the Google Form within this timeframe to secure your spot as a participant.
Artwork Creation and Submission Period:
After completing the access submission form, you will have 20 days to create your artwork, and to submit it on our official contest webpage.
The submission deadline is Thursday 19th of October 21:00 BST.
Voting will officially open to the public on Tuesday 10th of October 22:00 BST, and will remain open until Monday 30th of October 22:00 BST.
You may also choose to include a title and a small paragraph describing the inspiration behind your art piece when submitting your entry.
A total of two winners will be chosen for this year's contest.
Winners will receive the following awards:
- Event Winner' tag on the official SCP:SL Discord.
- SCP: SL Art Contest Winner 2023' in-game badges.
- Their artwork will be incorporated into SCP: SL, where it can then be viewed in-game.
We look forward to seeing the diverse range of interpretations and narratives reflected in your submitted art.
We thank you for your participation and continued support. Stay tuned for further updates regarding the 2023 Art Contest.
Please note, to participate, you will need to be a member of our Discord server and have a minimum level of 10.
~ Northwood Studios
Following the recent launch of version 13.2, we would like to gather a more detailed insight of the game's current status. In this survey, you'll find broader questions compared to those in the 13.2 survey.
We are genuinely interested in hearing your opinions about the game's current state, so please share your thoughts openly. Thank you for your time!
We are excited about the new features 13.2 has brought and we would like to invite you to give your feedback on them. Feel free to share your thoughts openly.
Stay tuned for another survey coming soon about the current state-of-the-game.
We are looking forward to your responses!
Hello everyone. Today we bring you a range of important bug fixes and balance adjustments for version 13.2.
- Removed the FR-MG-0 AP magazine’s damage bonus.
- Decreased FR-MG-0 short barrel damage penalty to 3% (from 4%).
- Increased SCP-939’s sprint speed to 7.0m/s (from 6.7m/s).
- Decreased SCP-939’s maximum stamina to 13s (from 15s).
- Decreased how far SCP-939’s growl can be heard.
- SCP-939 now hears their own growls at a reduced volume.
- SCP-939 is no longer revealed in an Amnestic Cloud when missing a Claw or Lunge.
- Amnestic Cloud now deploys 20% faster.
- Increased SCP-049’s HP to 2200 (from 2000).
- Increased SCP-049’s initial and maximum Hume Shield by 100.
- Increased SCP-049’s base movement speed to 4.4m/s (from 4.1m/s).
- SCP-049-2 can now only damage one target at a time.
- Updated SCP-244’s particles.
- Decreased how high SCP-244’s fog spreads.
Bug Fixes and Miscellaneous Changes
- Improved SCP-939’s hit registration.
- Updated the PluginAPI build to use the latest release.
- Fixed hearing SCP chat being toggled ‘on’ by default whilst in Overwatch mode.
- Gun crosshairs are no longer extremely thin on lower resolutions.
- Fixed SCP-096 not being able to destroy SCP-330’s door.
Thank you all for the bug reports. Have fun, and see you in the dark.
~ Northwood Studios